High school students
CECS provides the foundation for the key skills needed to adapt to the ever-changing environment of the 21st century. From academic advising and success initiatives in the Student Success Center to leadership opportunities in the College and across the University, we are here to help you make the most of your education.
High school students should view the checklist for more information.
You're ready for the next step in your education, and Wright State University's College of Engineering and Computer Science can help you realize your goals. We offer easy transfer of credit from most schools, and have articulation agreements in place to offer you a seamless transition.
If you will be attending a community college or university and then transferring into one of our programs, please be aware of the following:
- Students that have completed the following courses with a grade of C or higher will transition well into our programs: Academic Writing and Reading, Trigonometry, Calculus, Calculus-based Physics, Chemistry or Computer Programming.
- Most community colleges offer associates degrees in engineering technology. These programs are very different from a four-year bachelor degree in engineering. If you are starting at a community college with the plan of moving into a four-year bachelor degree, you should talk with a College of Engineering and Computer Science advisor about your transfer plans.
- Your community college may offer an engineering parallel program. This parallel program is specifically for students who want to move into a four-year bachelor degree program. For example, instead of taking technical math and technical physics, students in the parallel program will take calculus and calculus-based physics, which transfer into a four-year engineering program.
- Students enrolled in specific degree programs from approved community colleges may apply for the Engineering and Computer Science Transfer Scholarship Program.
- Visit the Wright State Transfer Student Center to find out more.
- View transfer guides:
If you have any questions or to schedule an appointment, please contact us:
Why Wright State? How about unique opportunities coupled with world-class staff and programs designed specifically for your needs.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science offers majors specifically designed to help you achieve your goals in your field of study. Browse through our selection to find the fit for you!
CECS offers numerous opportunities such as tutoring, academic advising, and more, with qualified staff to assist you.
Wright State believes that no one should be denied a higher education solely because of lack of funds. Check out how to apply!
If you are still unconvinced that Wright State is the University for you don't take our word for it, ask a student.
Check out our engineering and computer science living communities in Hamilton Hall and the Honors Community.