MAVs in the News
The work of Wright State researchers is attracting attention from engineering and academic journals, as well as mass-market publications, including:
- Wright.edu, July 6, 2010, "Center of Excellence for Micro Air Vehicle Research named Ohio Center of Excellence"
- American Society for Engineering Education PRISM,
April 2010, "Biomimicary:
- Desktop Engineering Magazine, April
Provides a View to MAV Flight: Researchers use CFD analysis and
Tecplot visualization to map the flight of dragonflies from development
of micro air vehicles"
- Discover Magazine, March 4, 2010, "The
Latest Trend in Aircraft: Really, Really Tiny"
- Tecplot Contours Newsletter, December
CFD visualization to study the complex flow physics of dragonfly
- Redorbit, November 2009, "Small
Aircraft Will Mimic Dragonfly"
- Composites Manufacturing, Winter 2009,
Spy on the Wall"; (PDF)
- DesignNews.com, June 15, 2009, "Flight,
payload technologies in pilotless MAVs drive their capabilities"
- DesignNews.com, June 1, 2009, "Taking
Small Micro Air Vehicles to the Next Level"
- AviationDayton.com, April 13, 2009,
wings, big dreams propel WSU students"
- Dayton Business Journal, March 13, 2009,
lands defense grant for insect-sized aircraft"