Homework is assigned on a weekly basis from the course textbook (5-6 problems) and the course programming book (3-4 problems).
There are 8 hands-on lab assignments that supplement the course material. Additionally, there are 4 matlab assignments that illustrate a more application based approach to coding.
- Lab #1: Application of Algebra in Engineering - The One Loop Circuit
- Lab #2: Trigonometry Relationships - One and Two Link Planar Robots
- Lab #3: Sinusoids in Engineering - Measurement and Analysis of Harmonic Signals
- Lab #4: Systems of Engineering - The Two Loop Circuit
- Lab #5: Derivatives in Engineering - Velocity and Acceleration in Free Fall
- Lab #6: Integrals in Engineering - Work and Stored Energy in a Spring
- Lab #7: Differential Equations in Engineering - The Leaking Bucket
- Lab #8: Differential Equations in Engineering - Spring Mass Vibration
- Matlab Supplemental #1: Flight Control System Analysis
- Matlab Supplemental #2: Deflection of Truss Analysis
- Matlab Supplemental #3: Derivative Visualization - Slope at a Point
- Matlab Supplemental #4: Airplane Wing Loads - Bending and Shear Stress