EGR 1010 is a mathematics course taught by the College of Engineering and Computer Science faculty, consisting of lecture, lab, and recitation. All topics are driven by engineering applications taken directly from core engineering courses. The lectures are motivated by hands-on laboratory exercises including a thorough integration with Matlab.
- Basic Algebraic Manipulations (0.5 weeks)
- Trigonometry, 2-D Vectors (1.5 weeks)
- Complex Numbers (1.0 weeks)
- 3-D Vectors and Matrices (1.5 weeks)
- Sinusoids (Amplitude, Phase, etc.) (0.5 weeks)
- Basics of Differentiation (2.0 weeks)
- Basics of Integration (2.0 weeks)